Re: unicode build: "comparison is always true" warnings

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: unicode build: "comparison is always true" warnings
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:20:23 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> Matthieu Lemerre <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> An attacker could create a symlink with this name file between these
>> two operations, thus the file would be erased.
>
> That does not happen, because the open will fail when the file already
> exists.

And I bet it was impossible for you to mention this in the last 6 mails
or so.  After all, the system call could possibly have been considered
unsafe because of a buffer overflow or something (and that's so
absolutely very likely what GCC tries warning about).  So before
accidently giving one pointer too many, better taunt the other to go out
on a limb before showing him wrong.

There is probably something educational hidden in there, but I am likely
too dull to discern it.

Sorry for the rant.  I just think that at times we could be more helpful
towards each other.