Re: Calling occur from within isearch

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Calling occur from within isearch
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 02:52:46 +0200

>>> +   (let ((case-fold-search isearch-case-fold-search))
>>
>> isearch-case-fold-search is almost but not quite the same as
>> case-fold-search. Cf isearch-no-upper-case-p.
>>
>>     ; case-fold-search while searching.
>>     ;   either nil, t, or 'yes.  'yes means the same as t except that mixed
>>     ;   case in the search string is ignored.
>>     (defvar isearch-case-fold-search nil)

BTW, `isearch-query-replace' and `isearch-query-replace-regexp' don't take
into account `isearch-no-upper-case-p' too.  I think they should be fixed
as well.

Also I noticed that these commands don't accept exactly the same arguments
as their normal counterparts `query-replace' and `query-replace-regexp'.
For instance, the latter supports the prefix argument `delimited' that
means replace only matches surrounded by word boundaries.  But corresponding
isearch commands don't accept this prefix argument.  Perhaps they should do.
They currently use the value of `isearch-word' for the `delimited'
argument, but it is inconvenient to switch the search type to isearch-word
before starting replacing delimited words.  Maybe this need will be
obsoleted by adding a new easy-to-type isearch keybinding to turn on/off
the word search.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/