Re: blank-mode.el

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: blank-mode.el
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:01:51 +0000 (UTC)

       It happens that the visual mark for end of line is the same
       used in other editors to visualize end of paragraphs.
       This visual mark was suggested by some blank-mode users.
       What visual mark do you suggest?

With input method: latin-1-prefix (mode line indicator:1>) you could
try: / = (but with no space, i.e., /=) which should look like ¬.

That is to say, replace

    (?\n    [?\xB6 ?\n] [?$ ?\n])       ; end-of-line

in  `blank-display-mappings' in blank-mode.el with

    (?\n    [?\xAC ?\n] [?$ ?\n])       ; end-of-line

`(blank-mode-on)' and `(blank-mode-off)' succeed in this *mail*
buffer, which is an undecided-unix buffer in which I evoke
`toggle-input-method' to show the not-sign, and in a utf-8 buffer.  I
have not checked others.

This mathematical not-sign is the best I could find among common
characters.  It is not very good but is better than putting
start-new-paragraph signs in the middle of a paragraph.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden