Re: erroneous auto-save-list file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: erroneous auto-save-list file
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:59:32 -0500

      When
    the initial abort occurred, resulting in the erroneous auto-save-list
    file, Emacs was not running under gdb, but, as I wrote in my bug report
    about the abort, even reproducing it under gdb yielded no backtrace, why
    I don't know.

That could be a serious problem in GDB.  It would be good to talk
with GDB developers about how to investigate it.  Since the bug's
cause is known, they could focus on figuring out why GDB fails
to give a backtrace.