Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:30:25 +0100

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:13:43 +0100 martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

>> ... I just
>> wanted to confirm that this version does what I expect: with my mouse
>> follows click policy, focus-follows-mouse set to nil and
>> mouse-autoselect-window set to non-nil, moving the mouse over a
>> non-selected frame no longer makes the mode line of that frame active,
>> nor changes the tool bar or frame title, also in the split-window
>> cases.  Thanks (belatedly) for fixing this issue.
>
> Thanks for testing.  I'm afraid that your problem was the only one I
> was able to fix.  Moving from one frame to another still doesn't seem
> to DTRT with focus-follows-mouse t.

I do see that with a focus follows click policy, focus-follows-mouse set
to t and mouse-autoselect-window set to non-nil, then my problem
returns, but that would be my fault for making Emacs flout the window
manager policy.  If I use a focus follows mouse policy, I don't see any
problem with focus-follows-mouse set to t and mouse-autoselect-window
set to non-nil.  I recall there was an issue with auto-raising, but I
guess you dealt with that, because I don't see it in the preceding
scenario (using a non-auto-raising policy in the window manager).

Steve Berman