Re: encrypt.el in No Gnus 0.7

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: encrypt.el in No Gnus 0.7
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 02:56:07 -0500

    It does a particular job
    well, which is interfacing with GnuPG, but I think it's a disservice to
    Emacs users to assume that GnuPG is all they need, and that they want to
    install it to get encryption/decryption services.  If you disagree with
    me, there's little more I can say to convince you otherwise, since this
    is the essential point I'm trying to make.

Evidence of users actually wanting to use that sort of extension in
Emacs would convince me very quickly.