Separate directory for Org-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Separate directory for Org-mode
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 06:55:17 +0100

Hi,

Org-mode currently consists of the following files
(numbers are file sizes):

    43103 org-export-latex.el
    3108   org-install.el
    38188 org-mouse.el    ; not yet in Emacs, but papers are signed..
    22162 org-publish.el
1005694 org.el

- org.el is huge, and I am considering to break it up into smaller files

- a number of excellent extensions have recently been written, mostly
  by Bastien Guerry.  Several of these deserve to be part of Org-mode.

Here is my request:

- could we have a separate directory lisp/textmodes/org for
  better organization in the future, with more files.

- could Bastien get write access to Emacs to help me maintain
  this growing package?  We have already asked for this,
  but were told we should wait until there is more stuff Bastien
  has written.  He has, effectively, become an important
  developer for org, I think it would streamline things if he
  would have direct access.

Thanks.

Carsten