Re: recording-elisp.el - try recording commands as elisp code

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: recording-elisp.el - try recording commands as elisp code
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:43:42 -0500

> My progress will be slow, but I'll stick to this for a long time.  My major
> concern here is maintainability of the code.  When details relating to other
> emacs packages accumulate in one place, I could lose control of it.  I do
> want it last long.

It's always a source of problems, but before you accumulate a few solutions
for a few packages, it's often difficult to figure out what's the right way
to provide a generic functionality which packages can then use (so that the
details relating to each package get moved to the relevant package).

        Stefan