Re: Gnus in Emacs is updated to No Gnus 0.7

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Gnus in Emacs is updated to No Gnus 0.7
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:07:18 +0900

Leo <address@hidden> writes:
> Is there a point to make 4 versions of gnus

Yes.

There really only two:  the stable distribution (5.11 and 5.10.8), and
the development distribution (5.13 and No Gnus).  The members of each
pair are more or less the same as each other, the only difference being
whether they're bundled with Emacs or not.

> It is unnecessarily confusing for new users.

I doubt they care, unless they're making a bug report, and it's exactly
for the purpose of bug reports that the current numbering exists...

-Miles

--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]