Re: tramp (2.0.52); Saving files changes ownership

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.52); Saving files changes ownership
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:47:57 +0200

> Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The file /path/to/example on host bob is owned by root.foo
>> visiting it from another host as /ssh:address@hidden:/path/to/example
>> editing and saving leads to it being owned by root.root.
>>
>> I have backup-by-copying set to t.
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>
> Tramp 2.1.11 respects now the parameter PRESERVE-UID-GID of `copy-file'.
> Does the following patch (files.el in Emacs trunk) help?

No, at a quick test it didn't.  I applied your patch (assuming it were
an revert patch), reevaluated backup-buffer-copy, visited and saved a
remote file, but with the same result, the group was changed...

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                      OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück             http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/