Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 01:40:18 -0400

    I'd guess in such cases, given that Emacs is fundamentally a
    text-editor, it seems best to do something like Emacs already does for
    .xpm files:  display as text (in postscript-mode or whatever) with a
    message saying "Type C-c C-c to view the printed form of this document."

Thus, for PS, we would show the text initially; for PDF and DVI, we would
show the rendered form initially.  That seems ok.