Re: frame-local variables weirdness

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: frame-local variables weirdness
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:44:52 +0200

> On 10/13/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Can you reproduce the problem?
> Can you figure out, perhaps with breakpoints on the changed code,
> which variables are actually affected?

I think someone more experienced in that part of code would have to
debug this. Apparently, with the patch applied the local variables
(keymaps, font-locking, etc.) are bleeding from one buffer to another
and Emacs turns quite difficult to use. A common occurrence in my
tests is the minibuffer having the view-mode-map keymap, and another
good one was the output of describe-function font-locked as it it was
a C buffer (I was visiting data.c at the moment), with `for' and
`default' highlighted :)

But I think the most sensible thing is to apply Stefan's patch and
just forbid mixed buffer-local / frame-local variables.

             Juanma