Re: doc-view and mailcap

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: doc-view and mailcap
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:45:03 +0200

On Wed, Oct 17 2007, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>> At least "-dSAFER" should be added in
>> `doc-view-ghostscript-options' and `doc-view-ps2pdf-program' [...]
>
> I do that now.  Thanks for the hint.
>
> In order not to get confused with all those new versions of my patch,
> I'll upload the current version to my homepage [1] in addition to
> posting it here.  So if someone finally decides to install it, be sure
> to use the version from my homepage.

As I understood, these changes have already been approved by Richard,
so I've installed it.  If not, please let me know.

A few remarks:

- Your patch mixed my minor corrections and your changes.  Both should
  be mentioned in separate ChangeLog entries.

- The ChangeLog entry...

        * doc-view.el: Make doc-view-mode the standard mode for viewing
        pdf, [e]ps and dvi files and add binding C-c C-c to toggle between
        text and image display.  Add binding C-c C-e to switch to an
        editing mode.

  ... is quite terse, IMHO.  Usually we add the relevant functions or
  variables.  (`C-x 4 a' (in the lisp or diff buffer) and friends are
  handy for this.)

- The security enhancements should be mentioned in the ChangeLog, so I
  added...

        (doc-view-ghostscript-options, doc-view-ps->pdf): Add "-dSAFER" to
        avoid security problems when rendering files untrusted sources.

> (Of course you could add me as project member, too.)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)