Re: Another VC terminology change?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Another VC terminology change?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 00:42:57 +0300

>     > In the Filesets node, filesets are semipermanent entities
>     > that you define with filesets-add-buffer or other mechanisms.
>
>     I'd never heard of  the latter.  Does anyone use it?  Is it new?
>
> filesets.el was added in 2005.
>
> I am not entirely happy with it.  It seems that such a feature ought
> to be better integrated with the rest of Emacs than this actually is.

Isn't filesets.el similar by its functionality to the recently proposed
project.el?  It seems "project" is a better name for it.

As for the VC terminology, in contexts where the term "filesets" is
ambiguous, it is possible to disambiguate it by using "VC filesets".

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/