Re: Another VC terminology change?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Another VC terminology change?
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:40:47 -0400

        The terms ``checkin'' and ``checkout'' are associated with file-based
        and locking-based systems and a bit archaic; nowadays those operations
        are usually called ``commit'' and ``update''.

    Since I've had to take a big hammer to VC's terminology anyway to clean up
the
    inconsistencies Stefan pointed out, I'm thinking now might be a good time
    for me to go further and change these.

Please deal with the fileset problem before tackling other issues.