Re: Fwd: Loading ebrowse file yields warning

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fwd: Loading ebrowse file yields warning
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 21:37:14 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 03:15:35 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>
> Richard Stallman wrote:
>
> >     If these buffers are "internal", should they be hidden (which would
> >     turn off undo)?
> >
> > I don't know enough about ebrowse to have an answer.
>
> My question was addressed to the list. I was/am hoping that people who
> use ebrowse/etags will comment on whether they ever actually need to
> look at the BROWSE/TAGS buffers.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.  To use the C++ class browser,
one starts by visiting the file BROWSE (created in advance, e.g., by
running the `ebrowse' utility outside Emacs).  When you visit that
file, you get a buffer called "*Tree*" which visits that BROWSE file.
There's no buffer named BROWSE (or at least I don't see one; am I
missing something?).

This is in contrast to tags tables, where the table is visited by a
special buffer whose name is TAGS.

Are you talking about this *Tree* buffer?  If so, the user certainly
needs to look at it, since that's the buffer that displays the class
hierarchy.