Re: 23.0.50 compile problem on Windows XP

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: 23.0.50 compile problem on Windows XP
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 15:30:58 +0530

Hi,

On 10/5/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> I still think that we should avoid a macro with a name that's
> identical to a standard function.  We should rename it to something
> that cannot clash with the standard C library.

If we are trying to overcome a limitation, IMHO, we are forced to
redifine the macro with the same name, else, we will have to make
changes in the code to use a different name.
Samba project has done this sort of a thing by using function pointers
to all (almost) system API functions. On platforms which have those
APIs, they point to the system provided function and on platforms
where they are not, we implement them in a shared library (to delay
the binding and provide flexibility by just replacing the shared
library/implementation).

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!