Re: mm-text-html-renderer as a function

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: mm-text-html-renderer as a function
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:12:19 +0900

Davis Herring writes:

 > value".  And always refer to such objects as freely given to the function,
 > not "passed"; functions should appreciate that other functions are
 > friendly enough to donate data to them, often without expecting anything
 > in return.

Sounds like spam.  I think you should be very careful about
associating the GNU Project with unrequested data in this day and age.

Therefore I think "passed" is an excellent idiom.  After all, that's
what a polite person does with the potatoes when someone down the
table says "I'd like some more potatoes, please."