Re: generate 3) S-mouse-2: follow link in new window

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: generate 3) S-mouse-2: follow link in new window
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 01:41:17 +0300

> People use it all the time when surfing the Web, however their browser
> might let them open a link in another window. In IE, for instance, you
> can choose "Open in New Window" in the right-click context menu.

Can we adopt this to Info?  mouse-3 is bound to mouse-save-then-kill,
but in most other programs the equivalent function is bound to S-mouse-1
which in Emacs is bound to mouse-set-font which is useless on the mouse
button because it is not context-dependent and affects the whole frame,
not the position pointed by the mouse.  It's better to add the font menu
to the main frame menu.

This suggestion is of course not for changing the default key bindings,
but for compatibility key bindings defined by packages like cua.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/