Re: Client session not deletable anymore.

From: Johannes Weiner
Subject: Re: Client session not deletable anymore.
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:31:53 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 09:52:44AM -0700, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> Can you please send an exact recipe on how you get into this situation
> starting from emacs -Q ?

On this machine, I can not reproduce it under X, due to something really
strange:

1. Open XTerm
2. emacs -nw -Q
3. M-x server-start
4. Open another XTerm
5. emacsclient test.txt

After 5., a new Emacs X11(!) frame spawns and says:

        Buffer `test.txt' still has clients; kill it? (yes or no)

When I do 5. like that:

5. emacsclient -c test.txt

it works as expected: creating a new X11 frame and visiting test.txt as
client, saying:

        When done with a buffer, type C-x #

I will test this scenario on the machine it occured first when I have access
to it again.

        Hannes

--
3BD8 AF56 11AF 205C 9DB6  B10F 76F1 0634 71A4 DCA0