Re: GNU NT-Emacs crashes with longlines-mode and outline-mode

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: GNU NT-Emacs crashes with longlines-mode and outline-mode
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:19:04 +0100

Rainer Thiel wrote:
> When I load the file, I can only see
>
> ---,
> -*- mode: text; mode: outline -*-
>
> * One chapter...
> ---ยด
>
> as expected.
What settings do you have that cause this behaviour? The default for
outline-mode is to show everything.

>   When I now press M-x longlines-mode<RET>, the crash occurs.
>

> In GNU Emacs 22.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
>  of 2007-07-07 on NEUTRINO

I can't reproduce this bug on 21.1, the current Emacs 22 branch, or the
current trunk, even after adding an extra step to hide the body of "One
chapter" before enabling longlines-mode. It may have been a temporary
bug present in CVS around 7 July, or it may be due to your settings.
Please try to reproduce it after starting Emacs with the -Q option, and
document everything you need to do to trigger the bug.