Re: nXML

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: nXML
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:34:40 -0400

    > What do those files do?  Is their job very specific to html?  In other
    > words, given that we add them to Emacs, would we want to make them a
    > more general separate facility?

    They have no code.  Only data that maps Unicode char names to their
    (integer) code and that groups them into a few categories.

Is there already something like this in Unicode-2?

    Most likely they should be merged with the rest of the unicode data we use
    in the emacs-unicode branch.  Also, they should be auto-generated from
    emacs/admin/unidata/Unicode.txt rather than stored in the CVS.

Exactly.  We might want this in Emacs, but it shouldn't be part of
nXML.

So, how many .el files are in nXML NOT counting these?

    About 25 source Elisp files.  Sounds like it deserves its own directory.

If that's 25 files not counting these Unicode files, then I agree.