Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:01:02 +0200

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:47:03 +0200 martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stephen could you try the attached patch on GNU/Linux ?

With this and with mouse-autoselect-window set to t, moving the mouse
to another Emacs frame of the same session immediately raises and
focusses it, just like with your other patch using select-frame and
raise-frame.  Again, that is the same as when I set the KDE focus
policy to focus follows mouse -- but again, since I have the policy
set to focus follows click, I would not expect Emacs to behave
differently.

With mouse-autoselect-window set to a number, I get both raising and
focussing, but only with split windows and only in alternation.  As
before, with unsplit frame moving the mouse over another frame neither
raises nor focusses.

Steve Berman