Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:20:38 -0400

    That's why I proposed announcing it with a message or tooltip that
    persists for a while but does not keep the user from actually working.

I don't think that's sufficient to reliably inform people,
because it is too indirect.

Someone suggested popping up two frames.  That seems worth
considering.

    Anyway, I think we have more to gain from educating the people who
    stick with Emacs (and thus will at one point of time get to see the
    splash screen) rather than the people who try it a few times and then
    give up in disgust.

Exaggerations like this just make me angry at you, which makes
me less inclined than normally to entertain changes you suggest.