Re: 23.0.50; frozen frame after C-x 5 0

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; frozen frame after C-x 5 0
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 21:12:55 -0400

    Since the multi-tty merge I start emacs as a detached server in screen.
    Here's a command line to reproduce the problem:

      screen -d -m -S test emacs -nw --eval "(setq server-name \"test\")" \
             -Q --funcall server-start

    Now I connect to it with

      emacsclient -s test

    which opens a new X11 frame.  If I hit `C-x 5 0' to close this frame, it
    freezes.  Neither are redisplays performed in it nor does it doesn't
    close.  The menu bar is inaccessible, too.

    A subsequent

      emacsclient -s test

    closes the frozen frame and pops up a new one, which is displayed only
    for a fraction of a second before it vanishes, too.  So from this point
    clients with X11 frames are non-functional.

Can someone please DTRT and ack?

Tassilo, could you try debugging it with GDB?
You could see what C-x 5 0 actually does when you run it.
Why doesn't it delete the frame, as it should?