Re: old-style backquotes warnings

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: old-style backquotes warnings
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 22:52:08 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 15:34:35 -0400
>
> > Why doesn't this warning follow the format of other warnings emitted
> > by the byte compiler?
>
> >     Compiling progmodes/cc-subword.el
> >     !! File cc-vars.el uses old-style backquotes !!
>
> Probably because I don't know what's the normal format.

I hope this is a joke (though it's way too far from April 1st),
because I think you wrote the code that produces the normal format,
e.g.:

  In end of data:
  net/browse-url.el:1555:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
      defined: copy-seq, w3-fetch-other-window, w3-fetch, case, otherwise

In other words a format that `next-error' can parse.