Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:53:45 +0200

> I don't understand what you mean by "autoselection should continue
> looping", nor what harm it doesn't cause.

When window is nil this should mean that the mouse-pointer was not
hovering over one of Emacs' windows.  In this case I continue
mouse-tracking until the mouse-pointer reenters a window (a similar
scenario applies when the mouse-pointer is over the scroll-bar).  In any
of these cases window selection shouldn't occur.

> Too bad, I often find edebug really helpful.  Oh well, guess I just
> have to dirty my hands more with the code :-)

What we have to find out is whether it stays within the
mouse-autoselect-window code and, for example, issues multiple calls of
`select-window' in `handle-select-window' (this would be a bug in the
implementation of `mouse-autoselect-window-state') or it already left
the mouse-autoselect-window code and `select-window' doesn't DTRT here.