Re: .emacs-settings.el

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: .emacs-settings.el
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:48:59 -0500

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:04:30 +0200 address@hidden (Michaël Cadilhac) wrote:

MC> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
>> I would not make it hidden, to avoid surprises: project.el

MC> So sad the features of project.el will not be usable in the lisp/
MC> directory of Emacs, then :-)

I think surprising the user is a bad thing, so I'd rather not have a
hidden file.  The penalty of name conflicts is not as bad as using
hidden data to influence an application's behavior.

I'm ok with dir-locals.el or any other name, but in general it should
not be an .el file, right?  It's just some settings that will not be
actual Lisp code.  Maybe dir-locals.elp for "emacs lisp properties"?

Ted