Re: svn icons in the toolbar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: svn icons in the toolbar
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:57:38 -0400

    PNG: mainly alpha channel. Basically a "fourth" colour carrying
    transparency information (in PNG with the same resolution as the other
    three colour channels, what means that the image can be more-or-less
    transparent at each pixel).

Thanks.  I know what transparency means; I did not recognize "alpha
channel" as a term for it.  (I usually do not know the latest jargon
terms for everything.)

    > Does Emacs do scaling of toolbar icons?
    > If so, when, and why is it important?

    Since screen resolutions and user preferences vary quite a bit, there is
    a need to support different "sized" (meaning the pixel size) icon sets.

Does Emacs need to scale its toolbar icons?