Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 02:46:19 +0300

>     As many programs usually contain 4 pages on the About screen: "Authors",
>     "Licence", "Report Bug" and "How to Contribute", Emacs could do the same
>     even without using Info files (which are not always available).
>
> I don't mind having those four, but our current About display
> has other things in it too, and I don't want to just discard them.

In the previous message you said:

    We already decided to remove the help commands from About, thus
    shortening it and reducing it to one screen.

I agree that the Help commands are useless on the About screen (that are
useful only for the Startup screen).  So after removing them we'll have
more free space for other information.

>     There are 4 files in the root directory of the Emacs tree that exactly
>     correspond to these 4 pages: AUTHORS, COPYING, BUGS and CONTRIBUTE.
>
> I am not sure that all 4 of those are the right way to handle these
> 4 commands.

All these files contain information that most programs usually put on the
About screen.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/