Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 08:50:36 +0900

>> The simplest fix is to convert those macros to defuns, since
>> efficiency is not important here.

>> They could also be defsubsts, but getting the value of them would
>> entail such a `require' as caused trouble already.

>     Sorry, I don't think that working around the bootstrap issue in this
>     way is not a good thing to do now.

> I do not follow you.  Do you see any reason why my patch to url.el
> should not be installed?

The original problem that Emacs doesn't bootstrap with Carbon was
introduced by multi-tty because it changed lisp/loadup.el to preload
lisp/term/mac-win.el.  So I thought the first thing to do is to
clarify this preloading is really necessary or the right thing rather
than making a workaround at the url package side.  Anyway, it seems
that Stefan has already installed another change using defstruct.

Someone who is really familiar with multi-tty should explain why
preloading lisp/term/*-win.el was necessary for multi-tty.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden