Re: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:55:56 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Micha=EBl?= Cadilhac)
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:41:46 +0200

>> > ?? Why not?
>>
>> Because nobody replied :-)
>
> Yeah, and you waited the whole two days!  Geez, can't those bozos
> reply right away?

Where are those guys using Emacs on MS-DOS hiding, anyway ? :-P  (He,
mind the smileys !)

> I didn't track this longish discussion.  If you can explain what you
> are trying to do with emacs-version, and why you are bothered by how
> many parts it has, I could try helping you.

I just have to prefix `topic' by the emacs-version, with build number
stripped.

So IIUC, I should make MS-DOS a special case, for both the prefixing and
`pretest-p', the predicate set to t if there are 4 numbers in
`emacs-version'.

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  Would someone please DTRT with this,  |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |        then ACK?                       |