Re: How are Windows users supposed to print the PostScript refcards?

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: How are Windows users supposed to print the PostScript refcards?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:57:29 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 17 2007, Richard Stallman wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I have no opinion about this.
>> I don't know a lot about support for PS or PDF on various systems.
>>
>> I suggest this heuristic: if neither one of the formats has a clear
>> advantage in portability, pick the one that is most convenient on
>> GNU/Linux.
>
> How about adding PDF versions now for 22.2+ and the trunk now and
> decide about removing PS before releasing Emacs 23.1 (adding a note in
> the Makefile or FOR-RELEASE?

This is fine with me.  I think the NEWS file should contain a word
like :

** PDF files for the refcards and other cards are now shipped by
   default.  We plan to remove the PS files in a near future (23.1).

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  I cannot reproduce this bug,          |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |    but I have installed a change       |