Re: address@hidden: compile/grep: When directory tracking is used then n

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: compile/grep: When directory tracking is used then next-error fails to go to the correct file when the basename was seen before.]
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:31:35 -0400

    On each subsequent call to this function, (gethash filename) is going
    to return this value. It may not be appropriate if the file is in a
    different directory, so if one has directory information one should
    use it.

If we think it is incorrect to retrieve an entry that is filed
under just the filename, should we also delete the code that makes
such an entry?  Under what circumstances would we want such an
entry to exist and be retrieved?