Re: address@hidden: set-frame-size for frame without minibuffer loses mo

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: address@hidden: set-frame-size for frame without minibuffer loses mode line]
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:27:27 +0000 (UTC)

Today's GNU Emacs CVS snapshot, Thu, 2007 Aug 16  09:43  UTC
GNU Emacs 22.1.50.19 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.13)
started with

     /usr/local/src/emacs/src/emacs -Q

On a conventionial Emacs, version 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600),
distributed by a company that restricts you for other software, Drew
Adams reported

    The dired frame is correctly resized, but an empty extra line appears
    below the mode line (there is no minibuffer on this frame).

This does not happen with my GNU/Linux system with the CVS snapshot;
it all works as expected.

Specifically, I evaluated the following in *scratch*:

    (setq pop-up-frames t)
    (setq minibuffer-frame-alist (cons (quote (minibuffer . only))
                                       minibuffer-frame-alist))
    (setq default-frame-alist (cons (quote (minibuffer))
                                    default-frame-alist))
    (make-frame minibuffer-frame-alist)

Then,

    C-x 4 d some directory

    With the dired frame selected:
    M-: (set-frame-size (selected-frame) 30 40)

and Drew reported the problem but I did not see any.  Also, I followed
his further instructions but the mode line did not disappear.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden