Re: Bootstrapping CVS Emacs fails with VC 2003 on Windows XP Professiona

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping CVS Emacs fails with VC 2003 on Windows XP Professional
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:19:01 +0300

> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:33:48 +0530
> From: dhruva <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Apologies for not providing the complete information. When I keep
> updating from CVS/HG repo, I do an explicit 'recompile'.

In that case, there should be no problem.  After a "make bootstrap",
you are supposed to run "make install", which copies the dumped
emacs.exe into bin.  And if you run "make recompile" after syncing
with CVS and "make" rebuilds emacs.exe, just say this:

    make recompile EMACS=../src/oo-spd/i386/emacs.exe

As Jason pointed out it is wrong to leave bootstrap emacs.exe around,
but the subsequent "make install" should solve that.