Re: address@hidden: modification hooks called only once in c-mode]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: address@hidden: modification hooks called only once in c-mode]
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 00:10:51 -0400

>     Actually, why not bind inhibit-modification-hooks to t while running
>     after-change-functions (and friends)?

> It does seem to make sense in general.
> Let's try it.

Installed,
Actually, the code already did something very much alike: while running
(after|before)-change-functions, those two variables were temporarily set
to nil.  This was done before inhibit-modification-hooks was invented and it
seems that it simply hadn't been updated to use inhibit-modification-hooks
instead.

A side benefit of the change is that now (after|before)-change-function keep
their values while they run, so we can change (after|before)-change-functions
from an (after|before)-change-function (syntax.el enjoys doing that).

        Stefan