Re: typo in accept-process-output (process.c)

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: Re: typo in accept-process-output (process.c)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:33:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
>> From: Dieter Wilhelm <address@hidden>
>> Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:50:52 +0200
>>
>> > There's already a Glossary node in the manual, has been there since
>> > time immemoriam.  Is that what you want?
>>
>> Not quite, since it is of little use when one does not expect the term
>> in it.
>
> You should expect any Emacs related terminology to be in the Glossary
> node.  I think you will find that it lives up to this expectation very
> well, even for terms such as "iff" that are not Emacs-specific.

Why isn't there an index entry for the Glossary? I tried to find it by
doing

C-h i d m Emacs RET i gloss TAB

gives [No match]. So the only way (known to me) to find it seems to be

C-h i d m Emacs RET m gloss TAB

which is inconvenient when I'm somewhere deep down in the Emacs manual
and would like to get to the Glossary quickly.

(Admittedly, it is the 5th entry in the menu in (info "(emacs)Top"),
so I should have found it. But nevertheless I overlooked it as it is
placed between menu entries like `Copying', `GNU Free Documentation
License', `Antinews', `Manifesto', `Acknowledgements' -- I think I had
found the glossary if it had been under the "heading" (if that is the
right word) `Indexes (each index contains a large menu)' or `Important
General Concepts'.)

Also, what about

* Glossary::            Emacs terminology used in this manual, explained.

instead of

* Glossary::            The glossary.

--
Christian Schlauer