Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 20:07:34 -0400

    On second thought, I think that it can be wrapped into
    auto-mode-alist.  If someone does C-x b unnamed.c RET, chances are
    that he won't find it strange to see the buffer in C mode rather than
    fundamental mode.  And the only buffers that are not file-related tend
    to start with *.

You might be right, but the change seems too radical to me.
I would rather introduce a new buffer-auto-mode-alist
just to avoid the incompatible change.