Re: tramp and remote shell commands

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp and remote shell commands
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 22:36:28 +0200

Nic <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been having a problem with remote shell commands and tramp for
> quite a while. I'm not sure I've ever got it to work.

[...]

> Here's a patch though that makes it work:

Thanks a lot for this. Your first patch fixes indeed a problem in
tramp-handle-process-file. I've committed it to the trunk.

With your second patch, I'm not sure whether it is really
necessary. However, I've reworked handling of output-buffer and
error-buffer in tramp-handle-shell-command; now it shall work without
problem. It's also committed to the trunk.

Could you, please, check whether it is OK for you now?

> Hope that's of use to someone.

Yep.

Best regards, Michael.