Re: Irritation in C-u M-x grep, caused by overprotectiveness

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Irritation in C-u M-x grep, caused by overprotectiveness
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:30:45 -0400

    I think I should definitely install the comment enhancements.  But what
    about the prime change, i.e. causing grep to remember a filename
    argument like "$CC_FILESEL" when started with C-u M-x grep?  So far,
    only Stefan has commented - he didn't seem to think the change was good
    or bad.

That change should not go in Emacs 22.  Please see if others respond
positively before installing it in the trunk.

Please do install the comment enhancements in the trunk.