Re: A system for localizing documentation strings

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A system for localizing documentation strings
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:11:54 -0400

      What you describe is good for researchers or for high profile
    company employes (who may not be excellent programmers anyway).  And
    as a counter example, I'd argue that the ruby community in Japan has
    nothing to do with English at all, because _they_ are the experts.

That example proves our point.  They may find it useful to write
Japanese to each other, but very few of the rest of the world can read
what they say.

Technical information that is to be useful all around the world
needs to be in English.