Re: A system for localizing documentation strings

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: A system for localizing documentation strings
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:25:31 +0900

On 27 juil. 07, at 01:15, Jason Rumney wrote:

Also, a Lebanese developer who reads French would rather have French
as the default than any dialect of English.
So we allow them to specify multiple languages in order of preference:
(setq preferred-doc-language '(ar-LB, ar, fr))
Only if translations for none of those languages exist do we give them
the English doc string.

This is exactly what I proposed in my original mail. I am glad you eventually reached that conclusion.

In case the locale matching string is not available (not translated), a mechanism to display a prefered language, then the default language should be implemented.

Jean-Christophe Helary