Re: A system for localizing documentation strings

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: A system for localizing documentation strings
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:28:52 +0900

On 26 juil. 07, at 20:54, Kenichi Handa wrote:

To offer a practical possibility for interactive localization we'd

Could you please explain what is "interactive localization",
and why gettext doesn't work for it.

gettext delivers an intermediate file (PO etc) that needs to be translated and then put back into the code to reach localization.

What I mean by "interactive localization" is that the translator could translate, evaluate the function in which the translation occured and the translation would be right there.

Jean-Christophe Helary