Re: should non-breaking space chars act as whitespace for Lisp?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: should non-breaking space chars act as whitespace for Lisp?
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:06:44 -0400

[I sent this message a few weeks ago but did not get a response.]

    If we treat nonbreakable spaces as whitespace when people cut&paste
    from something like KNode, this means that the mangling of spaces will
    go unnoticed.

Users will notice them if they edit with Emacs 22, because they are
highlighted.

                   Since they can occur not only in code itself but also
    in strings and character constants, this is an excessively bad idea.

The error to be eliminated does not occur when they are used in
strings and character constants, and the change has no effect on
such usage.

Would someone please make the change and ack?