address@hidden: Telnet mode (rsh/ssh).]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: Telnet mode (rsh/ssh).]
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 00:27:57 -0400

[I sent this message twice but did not get a response.]

Would someone please DTRT and ack?
This needs to be fixed in Emacs 22.

Date: Tue,  3 Jul 2007 22:48:50 +0100
From: David Keegan <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Telnet mode (rsh/ssh).

Hi,

Since moving from emacs-21.4 to emacs-22 two features of
telnet mode are giving me trouble:

1. M-p Used to insert the previous command after the prompt.
Now it inserts at the beginning of the line in front of the
prompt, rendering it useless.

2. If I type RET at the prompt without entering a command, a
new prompt appears on the same line. It used to appear on a
new line. It's as if the empty command isn't being sent to
the process.

I'm looking for suggestions for avoiding this behaviour.

Regards,
David Keegan.
- --
[David Keegan address@hidden 353 1 2988743]