Re: mode-line with Tramp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mode-line with Tramp
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:52:12 -0400

      Emacs seems to be
    quite inconsistent, however, with each contributor providing different
levels
    of documentation, e.g., there have been many changes to VC recently but I

I think ESR went ahead and installed his rewrite of VC without the
discussion that should have happened first.  This is not the way
things are supposed to be done.  We should discuss such change
before installation.

Could you please look at this point?