Re: source repository

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: source repository
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:45:36 +0530

Hello,

On 7/17/07, Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> wrote:

Mercurial support, on the other hand, is only in CVS 'HEAD' and it is
being tested (by yours truly, among others).  It has only been in the

I guess even CVS support was in the same state _once upon a time_.
But, see it now. It is accepted by all (almost). We could atleast hope
for a similar turn of fate even for mercurial (or any other dSCM).

repository for a few weeks, and there may be still be some rough edges.

That is only about the Emacs frontend to Mercurial (or any other
dSCM). Hope it does not reflect the underlying dSCM itself.

Anyway, I personally feel that we could atleast have a 1 way mirror
(initially) to allow a sort of beta phase. If things workout in the
long run, make the big move. If not, we can continue the read-only
repo for access to some of us (firewall restrictions). One could argue
about "why" we cannot maintain our own mirror. This will suffer from
the update frequency. If it is done officially, the CVS hooks could
trigger the incremental mirroring.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!