Re: sh.exe needed to bootstrap on Windows?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: sh.exe needed to bootstrap on Windows?
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:19:46 +0300

> Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:54:25 +0200
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > If this doesn't help, please run this command under a debugger, put a
> > breakpoint where this error message is printed (in callproc.c and
> > process.c), and show the backtrace when one of these breakpoints
> > breaks.
>
> Will try.

Okay, I can reproduce this myself, except that in my case it complains
about cmdproxy, like someone else already reported today.  I can
understand why it doesn't find cmdproxy: it's the first pass of
bootstrap, so no binary is yet built except bootstrap-emacs.  But why
does it fail to find sh.exe in your case?  Do you even have sh.exe?
(I do, but I renamed it for this test, because I thought you were
running without sh.exe.)

I think the problem happens because of this change:

    2007-07-16  Dan Nicolaescu  <address@hidden>

            * vc-hooks.el (vc-handled-backends): Move BZR later in the list.

Dan, can you explain why this change was made?