Re: mouse.el patch to flash yank position and highlight line

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mouse.el patch to flash yank position and highlight line
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:51:07 -0400

    > That seems like a good idea, but the implementation is wrong.  It
    > should try to do delete-window, and if that fails, then clone the
    > frame.

    I don't see why. If `one-window-p' is true, why would you try to delete the
    window? The deletion will never succeed, will it? What's the point? This is
    the code:

What I was thinking was, there are many reasons why deleting the
window could fail, and it seems like a good idea to copy the frame
whenever you can't delete the window.

But maybe that isn't really better.